Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day. Thank you to all who have served and all who do now!

I am a Vietnam era War veteran, but I fought the end of the war flying a desk and wearing (usually) a sportscoat and slacks.  Media was my weapon and not my M-16.  But many of my relatives and friends and many of yours and many, many who have gone before us have run and crawled and fought and often died to give me the freedom to type these words and you the opportunity to read them.  My dad fought in Korea,  my son in Afghanistan and his other grandpa fought and received multiple medals including the Purple Heart for his service.  Your family probably includes brave people who put country and family above comfort and went out to protect loved ones by wearing the uniform and taking their place on the wall.

I do not know where my friend Adam Miller got this, but I do believe it should be shared:

MEMORIAL DAY







 



















 Keep it
moving, please, even if you've seen it before. 
It is the 
VETERAN
 not the preacher,  who has given us freedom of religion.
It is
the
 VETERAN not the reporter,   who has given us freedom of the press.

It is
the
 VETERAN not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

                                                                          It is                                                                             
the
 VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.  

It is
the
 VETERAN not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is
the
 VETERAN not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.
    
cid:10.4205561823@web111913.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

It is the
VETERAN
 who
salutes the Flag, 

It is
the

VETERAN
who serves
under the Flag,
  
  
I'd be EXTREMELY proud if this email reached as many as possible. We can be very
proud of our young men and women in the service no matter where they serve. 

                                               God
                        
               Bless them all!!! 

                         Makes you proud to be an AMERICAN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment